Pandas, Politics and Pro Football

A variety of observations predicated on seven decades of life.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Road Trip et al

Well, I go on a week long road trip to Indianapolis, Chicago, Clinton, IL, back to Indy and then home and I find out everyone's in an uproar because the President said "shit!" Come on...why didn't the media get their pants in a wad when Monica gave Bill a hummer? Sure they reported it, but I didn't see something about on every single newscast for 48 hours. Me thinks they could find something more interesting to report, but then, they're "media" so what else can you expect?

The trip with my 17 year old niece was just great. We were on the trail of our ancestors going back to the Revolutionary War and to have Aurelios' Pizza. All goals were reached. In a cornfield outside of Clinton, near Waynesville, Illinois, we found the grave site of John Wilson Scott who was born in PA, served in VA during the Revolutionary War and migrated to Illinois thereafter. Mr. Scott left a rather large number of decedents therefore, I could be your cousin too! The people at the Clinton Library were so gracious and helpful, both Kerry and I were delighted to spend time with them.

During our Chicago phase, we had Aurelios' Pizza in Homewood with my niece, Mimi, her husband, Gary and son, Brenton. The family and pizza were both wonderful just as anticipated. Our visit to the Windy City was confined to the Museum of Science & Industry and a brief time at the Field Museum (Museum of Natural Science) as well as a tour of the Loop with me driving. God, Chicago drivers are equal to Californians any day!

All in all, our trip and visit with cousins in Indianapolis absolutely exceeded our expectations. We had a super time and it was so good to see my 93 year old Aunt whose mind appears much more focused than mine...course that doesn't take much!

I'm so happy Kerry has been here with me for two weeks. She is such a lovely young lady and surprisingly very interested in our family history. Also, she turned me on to a fairly new book "Devil in the White City." If you haven't had a chance to read it - do it! Non-fiction of the building of the 1893 Chicago Exposition intertwined with a serial killer that out-killed Jack the Ripper!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katy.

You are very fortunate to be able to travel with the youngsters. I would be happy to just be able to get out and shop once in a while.

Keep blogging, I'm reading.

God Bless.

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home