Pandas, Politics and Pro Football

A variety of observations predicated on seven decades of life.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

DRAFT DAY LOOMING!

I wonder how long I'm going to retain my sanity (probably not much left anyway) while being bombarded by the prognosticators for Draft picks on April 29th.

For a while it appeared that Reggie Bush was a lock to The Texans, but now there's a little back pedaling and they may go for their hometown hero, Vince Young. (Oh, please make that pick!) But with all the cute strategies employed by NFL, this is probably a ruse. It is so funny and odd to me how these guys play their game. I'm not so sure they really know what they're doing, but rather are more compelled to catch the opposition off guard instead of picking the best one for their team. This mechanic might serve well for those teams lower in the picks, but it seems completely unnecessary for the top four selections.

The other observation being brought home is that there have been so many "duds" in the past top three picks. Many of the legendary players in the NFL have often come in the later rounds. So, you can't get your heart set on any one player, chances are they will not turn out to be an outstanding player anyway. There goes my vision for Matt Lienart!

Somebody the other day suggested that the Titans should select Marcus Vick as their #3 pick as they need a quarterback and then Marcus can be a "mentor" to Pacman Jones! Oh, yeah!

One of the things that's going to drive me kind of crazy on Draft Day is that I'm participating in a luncheon at the church to raise money for our mission projects. I asked Jeff not to call me as he would probably interrupt a prayer, but to stay next to his cell phone so I can call him and find out what's going on. Believe me, if I could find a radio that could be discreetly listened to in my ear, I would buy it. Any ideas?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home