Pandas, Politics and Pro Football

A variety of observations predicated on seven decades of life.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

TITANS CLIMBING BACK UP THE MOUNTAIN!

OK, so I'm just a little giggly today and it's possible I may rue the day, but...

The Titans signed several veteran NFL players that show they are really trying to re-build this team: Thornton from the Colts, Givens from the Pats and six-time Pro Bowler, Mawae from the Jets! These guys are not only bringing their individual talent, but also great leadership qualities.

However, one of the things that has the greatest possibility for our success is NOT who we signed, but who the Saints signed yesterday...Drew Brees. Why that's exciting for us is the Saints will, hopefully, use their #2 pick for a position other than Quarterback. Should that happen, with the Texans choosing Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart becomes a real possibility for our #3 pick! We can only hope the stars are in the right place for perfect alignment.

The only down side to all of this is minor, but personally offsetting to me. I didn't particularly care for Givens' proclamation that he was the #1 receiver now. We love Drew Bennett in Nashville; his numbers would have been higher this year if he hadn't suffered injuries and if McNair had been able to get the ball to him. However, why Drew is held in high regard is his 'TEAM SPIRIT'. There is never a good play that goes unnoticed by Drew. He is a cheerleader for the team and has displayed remarkable grace under difficult circumstances. Mr. Givens would be well served to watch and listen this first year. If he's good enough to be #1, it'll happen without his personal ordination.

When I write about political issues, I seem to get a lot of flack from my more liberal friends. I joyfully look forward to debate, but I really wish these same liberals would actually read my essays before they start slam-dunking! Time and time again, they go off on a tangent about something I've not even addressed. I suspect these are a "text messaging" group of people who want to narrow everything down to a few trigger words instead of coming up with a cogent and complete argument. Too bad, maybe we could all learn something if they would just develop their point of view.

BYE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home