Pandas, Politics and Pro Football

A variety of observations predicated on seven decades of life.

Friday, February 17, 2006

A Little This, a Little That

Is everyone as bored with the Olympics as I am? There have been very few moments this time around that have offered the "thrill of victory" or the grittiness of real competition. Maybe it's just an off year or maybe it's because we are getting tape delay feed. I just hope it doesn't become as stifling as the NBA. Is anyone enjoying it as much since Jordan left the court? The bling-bling and occasional outrageous antics have sure turned me off. I don't care if they revive the NBA any more than NASCAR (heresy, I know to some), but it will be very sad if the Olympics falls by the wayside.

Well, the Titans haven't locked up McNair yet and the prognosticators indicate that may not be done until March or April, if at all. The good news (and we try to salvage some from the Titans) is that they did sign Vanden Bosch to a new four year contract. They really couldn't afford to lose that guy...what talent! Glad he didn't wait to test the water with free agency in March. Sure would be helpful to the Titans if they can now find some good offensive linemen available in the free agency.

It seems every Spring, I do get hopeful about the next season of Titan football. Maybe I'm noticing it more since we have had two losing years and I realize that we have to get the right free agents and make the best choices in the upcoming Draft. I hate to say this, but it really makes me anxious. If only Floyd and Jeff would bring me a winning season, heck, 8-8 would look good right now, maybe I would relax a bit while the world is in hibernation. Having said this, I don't know if I'm just a fanatic or simply nuerotic.

Please don't vote!

(Thank goodness Spring training begins this week and next. Please let Ozzie be magical again this year!)






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home