Pandas, Politics and Pro Football

A variety of observations predicated on seven decades of life.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A Little Politics, Olympics and a Little Football

One of my high school classmates sent me this quote of the day:

"I'd still rather hunt with Cheney than ride with Kennedy."

Something to think about. I guess the press is going to push Cheney into a public response and maybe that's appropriate, if it will finally put the story to rest. But you and I know it won't.

I've enjoyed some of the Olympic contests that I've seen, but there's this small gnawing in my stomach that it seems all too grand, too much glitter and maybe not enough gritty competition. The only exception to this was the Chinese figure skaters where the female busted her knee falling from her partner's lift and continued on to win the Silver. Outstanding Olympic excellence!

What a dork this Bode Miller is. He apparently has superior talent and should have been in line for a medal, but his arrogant choice to go bar-hopping the night before and then to skip meetings the next day did not "bode" well for Mr. Miller. It always amazes me how some people capriciously toss away their extraordinary talent without a blink of the eye. Kind of reminds me of some gifted students who don't complete their assignments, miss their tests, etc. You have to wonder how long the universe will suffer their misguided choices; I suppose long enough until the penalties will finally help them "get it!" We can only hope.

Back here in Tennessee, the fans who follow the Titans are getting a little anxious about whether or not they will re-sign Steve McNair. Personally, I hate to see Steve not make the right choice in compromising the salary offer because with the development of new wide receivers, he may have more opportunities than he had last year to get the ball down field. Of course, that has to be backed up with recruiting some "fat" boys for the line so he can have protection. I sure would hate to think the last outing Steve made wearing the Titan jersey was at the Pro Bowl. Very ugly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home