Pandas, Politics and Pro Football

A variety of observations predicated on seven decades of life.

Monday, May 01, 2006

DRAFT POST MORTEM, MEXICAN BOYCOTT, BARRY GIBB

The best thing I can say about the Draft 2006 is that it's just a game and not get bent out of shape because the picks weren't all you hoped. Yes, the Titans have Vince Young who Bud Adam's thinks is the second coming. We'll see, but it may be a long time before any evaluation can be made. The real hack on Young is his intelligence; they apparently had to "dumb down" the offense for him at Texas. (From the last two years of Titan performance, that may not be too hard to do.)

The pick of LenDale White was a pleasant surprise. I'm pretty much a USC fan and the one saving grace for USC at the Rose Bowl was LenDale. I thought his performance was better than Reggie White's, but what do I know? My buddy, Jeff, thinks all is lost and can't believe Houston was so out of it not to choose Reggie. (Wonder how those picks that the Bears made are working for them, Jeff?) Guess the jury will be out for about three years on this Draft for these players, however, it would appear Jay Cutler (Yay!) probably went with the most ready and best team of all three top quarterbacks. I liked Lienart for his skill, maturity and professionalism; hope it works out for him in Arizona, but that's got to be an uphill challenge. I was amazed the Raiders passed on him; one supposes the NFL had more information on Leinart than we had that caused him to drop to the 10 pick!

***********************************************************************************

Gees, I would have thought the Mexicans would have waited for their big splash for immigration on Cinco de Mayo. All this protest today just affirms that these folks aren't interested in becoming LEGAL citizens of the US, but rather they don't just want to skip to the front of the line...they don't even want a line!

I have written my thoughts on this whole affair on my Blog: www.kayfrances.blogspot.com in the article titled I WANT TO LIVE IN AMERIKA, OLE! Really can't add much more than what I've already written.

It's pretty disgusting to me and portends a real danger to the US.

***********************************************************************************

Tonight, the country music people are having a big concert at the Hendersonville High School football stadium to raise money for Sumner County Tornado Relief fund. Many people here have suffered devastating loss and injury and I think it speaks well of these stars to make the effort to help out. The "surprise" guest is BARRY GIBB! No, not your ordinary country music star, but he recently purchased the late Johnny and June Cash's home here in Hendersonville. Good for Barry; his commitment makes him a good neighbor!
(Wonder if I'm going to see him pushing a grocery cart at Kroger's like I used to see Johnny, June, Marty, Conway, etc.? Now, that would be a thrill!)

And, finally a big "thank you" to all who are participating in the concert; it's appreciated!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home