Pandas, Politics and Pro Football

A variety of observations predicated on seven decades of life.

Friday, July 07, 2006

A LITTLE VACATION

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July. I went to so many firework displays, I got a crick in the neck. These displays become more beautiful and longer every year. Maybe that's another indication of an affluent society, i.e., to spend so much money that goes up in smoke. Fine with me.

My grandniece, Kerry, is coming from Walnut Creek tomorrow. She just turned 17 and has become very interested in her ancestry. Her grandmother, my sister, died before Kerry was born so she wants to visit the area where we were all born. In becoming a member of DAR, I had to substantiate the relationship of my family to a Patriot. It seems a John Wilson Scott who was born in PA, served in the War in VA and pioneered to Illinois where he married, had children and was buried. We are going to try and locate his and other family members while we scout the area of DeWitt County. Kerry tells me she's bringing some special paper and pencils where she will rub across the gravestones so she'll have some tangible connection after she goes home to the state of milk and honey. I think it's great that she's that interested!

However, before we go grubbing around cemeteries, I going to take her to Chicago so she can get the taste of a really important city, museums and, most importantly, the very best PIZZA in the world! No ka oi! (Just like Maui!)

In any event, I'll let you know how it goes on our little sortie. Wonder how a 70 year old will cope with an energetic 17 year old! If all goes well, we might even work out a trip to London before I become completely feeble. I think she'll love London as much as I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home