Pandas, Politics and Pro Football

A variety of observations predicated on seven decades of life.

Saturday, September 06, 2008

POLITICS & PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITIES

Thank goodness the Conventions are over. I'm such a political junkie that it has completely absorb me the past two weeks. Today, I kind of feel like I did when younger and had a hangover (yes, my bad), but still remember the laughs.


I can't say there were a lot of laughs during the Convention. Some of the stuff that goes on is not only boring, but offensive. I was particularly turned off by some of the TV personalities who are trying to guide us instead of informing us about our choice. I know no one more snide* than Keith Olbermann - talk about an agenda! He just had to break into a conversation to say how perturb it made him because he was unhappy how some people pronounced "pundit." If I were him, I would be more disturb if he were called one since he hardly fits the definition of having wisdom or giving sage advice. Mr. O takes great sophomoric pleasure in tearing up paper and throwing it the camera - oh, WOW, what a rebel! His chronic denigration of Sen. McCain or Gov. Palin is beyond any criteria that would define a competent newscaster. Ok, enough about that twerp...just wish NBC would get rid of him just like ESPN.


Before Gov. Palin spoke, I was soooooo nervous. I think I was afraid she wouldn't be up to the task since we had been bombarded by her "lack of experience." Well, her performance was breathtaking. I shouted, jumped up and down, clapped and cried - what a bevy of emotion. I felt a little embarrassed by my outburst until I talked to one of my friends who also did the same thing. Anyone else?


I don't know if Gov. Palin's inclusion on the ticket secures McCain's victory, but I do know there's hope for the future to have a person who has a down to earth view of this crazy world we live in. We need a few more of them.


Aren't you as tired as I am about the deceivious pol's we have now? Aren't you fed up with billions of "pork" dollars tacked on to worthwhile bills to satisfy some tiny Congressman's ego and re-election? Can you envision a regulation on lobbyists so they can not blackmail and control the business of our government? Is it not the responsibility of the government to carefully fund the development and research of our scientists for our better health? Is the government not accountible about how money is spent on military purchases or on educational programs? Yes, they are. Let us tell our politicians what WE want, but first WE have to CARE enough to let them know.


Do you?

*tricky, base, contemptible, cynical, deceptive, dishonest, fraudulent, hateful, insincere, malicious, mean, nasty, sarcastic, sinister, sly, spiteful, tricky, underhand

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home