Pandas, Politics and Pro Football

A variety of observations predicated on seven decades of life.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

CATCHIN' UP - AGAIN!

Not a great deal has been going on that is reportable, but one wonderful thing is the sale of my Dad's 1909 - 1911 baseball cards. I went through Mastro Auctions in Chicago and I feel more than satisfied with the results. In fact, that revenue is allowing me to leave for Duke University this coming Saturday to check into their Weight & Fitness Center for 30 days of "boot camp!" This wouldn't have been possible without the sale of the cards and I'm more than grateful to my Dad for a gift that just keeps on giving!

It occurred to me (at this late date) that I'm the one responsible for my health and since I am alone, I want to have as much independent quality of life which wouldn't be possible without this commitment. Duke has had outstanding results in taking into consideration the total body health, not just food, but also exercise, psychological tune up and "mindful" eating with good nutritional values. It's all kind of scary turning yourself over to someone for 30 days, but regaining my discipline and motivation for exercise will be worth it. I am committed to participate and coming from a mostly Scot ancestry, to spend this kind of money demands results from me.

Occasionally, I may blog about this experience so stay tuned if you're interested.

BTW, I am in distress today over Vanderbilt's loss last night. They were the #1 in the U.S., but were evidently exhausted from battling back four games straight, one of which lasted until 1:00 AM Sunday. Too bad, but I suspect with Coach Tim Corbin, they'll be back to the Regionals again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Na said...

I'm proud of you! I'll be prayin'!

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home