Pandas, Politics and Pro Football

A variety of observations predicated on seven decades of life.

Saturday, April 14, 2007

IMUS, AL & JESSE

As I earlier related, I've been watching Imus on MSNBC for the past four or five years. I essentially stopped tuning in about 3 or 4 months ago for a couple of reasons. #1, I really like the Wake Up Zone on 104.5 FM in Nashville as they have fairly cogent conversations about all sports, but more particularly, football since one of the broadcasters is former Titan, Frank Wycheck. #2, Imus has become more irrelevant because of his continued waffling on different subjects whether it be music or politics.

Looking back on the past few years of listening to Imus, I wonder why I wasn't infuriated by Imus's denigration of women specifically. He took on one of the MSNBC women, Contessa (?) and Janice, the weather women who is now on FOX as well as many, many other females. I know I questioned at the time whether that was fair or not, but in the context of the show, it seemed reflective of his brand of humor and not to be taken seriously. Why I watched Imus was because he had more insightful and informative interviews than ANYONE else on TV. There is no one at the national stations that can consistently get the "juice" out of someone like Imus could.

So, although I didn't hear the early April broadcast where he attacked the Rutger's basketball players, I was appalled as everyone because they were not media darlings like the Dixie Chicks and should not have been denigrated as they were. However, the insertion of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson absolutely turns my stomach. Those guys are such ambulance chasers for notoriety for their "cause" which is to put their names in front of us. If they were such honorable men, why have they not attacked the music labels for their continued assault against women. This hypocrisy has to end and this music (?) has to become responsible. As I mentioned in an earlier Blog, perhaps, if Pacman hadn't been exposed to this trash in the 'hood, just maybe he wouldn't have been in so many incidents against women from spitting in their face to making it "rain" in Las Vegas.

Come on, someone has to be responsible in removing this garbage from the airways without infringing on "artistic license!" Bring back Imus if he pledges NEVER again to have a witch hunt against women or assault them in any way!

1 Comments:

Blogger Barrier Island Girl said...

Just checked in on your blog to see what you were going to do without Imus! Ha! I didn't realize you'd recently given him up. ;-)

It was sad that he made such an awful comment about the Rutger's BB team. But it was wonderful to see them given an opportunity to discuss it. They certainly showed more class than him!

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home