Pandas, Politics and Pro Football

A variety of observations predicated on seven decades of life.

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

NFL KICK OFF SUNDAY (or maybe Thursday)

Gosh, I know I should be excited about the opening of the NFL season at home against the Jaguars this Sunday, but something is missing...



We don't have Pacman to talk about. I understand Jerry Jones has installed two stripper poles in Pac's living room so he doesn't have to go to the joints. Dah Dum!



We don't have any comparisons between Leinart, Young and Cutler. There isn't any...Cutler is far superior.



We have an exciting corps of Wide Receivers. NOT!



Vince Young will show, in his 3rd year, why he was the Titan's 1st pick. Whoa!Vince Young, in preseason, appears to be tired of playing football. His lack of energy and enthusiasm for the game and his colleagues is palpable. I won't be surprised to see him ground the football in disgust several times during the year, that is, if Fisher keeps starting him. I don't know why his attitude is so bad, but it may have to do with the adulation shown him at University of Texas or even when he played high school football. He has an extremely sensitive side when he runs up against other pro players. I think it's hard for him to get his head around the fact is that he is NOT the greatest player on the field. Couple that with his inability to absorb game plans, he's frustrated and thusly defeated. What a shame!



The Defense will come to rescue as it did last year. That bit of logic is only barely in place IF Haynesworth is in the game. We lost some key players to free agency this year so we can't be sure this new Defense will be as effective.



My apologies to the Titan die-hards and I truly hope all my concerns are negligible and they have a winning team. It would be a blow if the Texans passed us by! I suspect by Sunday, when I get to L-P Field, my enthusiasm will begin building...I hope so, as a Scot I hate to think I've invested another $600 in season tickets for a losing cause!



On another note - beware of JOSEPHINE, she's coming in off the Atlantic. Since that's my mother's given name and she was a formidable force, be prepared! Seriously, I hope FEMA will be as well prepared as they were in handling GUSTAV.



1 Comments:

Blogger Barrier Island Girl said...

How great to see you're back! I love your commentary!

DJ

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home