Pandas, Politics and Pro Football

A variety of observations predicated on seven decades of life.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Random Thoughts - Politics and Pro Football

I read with interest that Eddie George may consider becoming involved with politics. I think that's a good idea if he will lay out a platform of what he believes, where he intends to make a difference and how he's going to do it. That's probably asking too much of any politician, but Eddie's used to "game plans" and what a better way to use his experience and really think about what he wants to accomplish. He has great leadership abilities and people seem to "like" him. Lots of plus's with Eddie, only downside for me is he is a Democrat. Oh, well, I voted for Bredesen so you can't really call me a "yellow dog" Republican. Believe me, if he can present a cogent platform, he'll get my consideration.

The Senior Bowl stirred a lot of interest in the Nashville area because of Jay Cutler's inclusion after having served as a pretty successful quarterback for Vandy. Heck, they beat Tennessee, that should count for a whole lot! I would like to see this kid succeed in the NFL if that's what he wants to do, but you never know which one wants it more. Everyone is so high on Vince Young and I truly hope Houston picks him. I have some reservation he has the staying power for the NFL and with the line the Texans have, Lord show him pity. (Almost as bad as the Titans.)

So, should that scenario play out with Young going to the Texans, I would like to see Lienart (sp) come to the Titans and also pick up the USC back, Delhomme White. However, if we can't get Lienart, then Cutler would be a welcome addition and the only reason I'm going with Matt first is because of his relationship with Norm Chow.

I'm sure the posturing by Floyd Reece and Jeff Fisher are part of the game so not to give way to where they plan on moving their pieces, but it does frustrate the fan. It's a darn good thing the ol' man is not raising the ticket prices this year...that's all we need to solidify the arrogance NFL owners have for season ticket holders.

Don't know about you, but I absolutely can't wait for Spring training. NASCAR and the NBA leave me cold. I'm still pretty high about the White Sox win last year and can only hope they will keep the team together. That was a real joy and a unique (88 years) experience to go through every ball pitched in four games. WOW! Hey, maybe Ozzie ought to think about politics; he just became a US citizen last month. He has leadership qualities and his odd ball antics and use of language will only entertain us more while he quietly gets something done. Surely we realize that our standard politicians take themselves so seriously, they have no sense of humor. No wonder that humor defines the higher intelligence of the individual who has it.

That's it, kids!


1 Comments:

Blogger Barrier Island Girl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home